Saturday, December 6, 2008

Europe



I returned to L.A. last night from a whirlwind business trip across Europe. Flying from Los Angeles to London to Munich to Budapest to London over a five-day timespan was a grueling and rewarding experience. Traveling with some great colleagues made the trip nicer, even with the complete lack of reasonable sleep that accompanied us.

We had red cabbage in Munich, goulash in Budapest, pints of ale and stellar Indian food in London.

All in all the trip was great and the world view that comes from travel like this continues to shape me. That's a good thing. People are basically good everywhere I've been. They are helpful, caring , and always eager for conversation. Some people would say this makes the world seem smaller. I suppose I do get the concept. However, in my experience, these experiences cause the world to seem ever wider and increasingly wonderful.




No comments: